SEO Trends of 2010 and What They Mean to You
2010 is only halfway through and already we see many trends in SEO. Some experts claim one thing while others swear to another so how can you really know what’s right for you? If you ever feel like you’re running to catch up with what’s happening in the world of search engine optimization then you are not alone. This is why so many people choose to hire a professional to help them understand the SEO trends of the season and which tactics they should be using to get maximum results from their SEO efforts.
Much of what goes into SEO trends are speculation. No one knows the exact algorithms that search engines use to rank sites the way that they do. However, there are some trends that have been proven to be successful and you can build on these to help boost the SEO of your site. Here are some examples:
- Site speed is important- Search engines like Google want to be able to give users information as quickly as possible. This means that the faster your site loads, the quicker visitors will be able to access the information that it contains. This means faster loading time = better search ranking.
- Content is still King- Search engines want to be able to give their users the most accurate and relevant information possible. When your site has relevant and accurate information on the topic, this will be rewarded with a better ranking.
- Go mobile- This is a year of people truly going mobile. More users than ever before are accessing the Internet from mobile devices and it’s important that you ensure your website will function and display properly when viewed from a mobile browser or device.
- Real time search updates- Search engines, specially Google will also be looking for real time searches for your site. GoogleAlerts, TwitterSearch, Social Mention and other tools help you to see when you are being talked about and also helps you monitor the competition for your keyword phrases.
- Video speaks volumes- video is still a great tool in increasing SEO for your site as well. It’s popular, it’s interactive and it’s fun. Video can be worked into any niche with the right creativity. It draws the readers in and the videos themselves can be optimized. There are a variety of ways that you can work videos into your SEO.
If you’re not using some or all of these trends, it could be time to talk to a professional about whether or not you really need to use these trends. SEO experts also have insider secrets on what new trends for 2011 will be. They can help you get a step ahead on the competition and learn what you really need to know to get ranked for your keywords and niche topic.
Let SEOdriven.com help you achieve and maintain the rankings you deserve. Call us 1-866-717-5646 or fill out our SEO quote form and one of our SEO experts will contact you shortly. We are a Miami SEO company serving nationwide.