What to Look for When Choosing an SEO Company
It can be time consuming running a business as well as having concerns regarding the visitors to your website along with optimizing you’re the company’s ranking on search engines. Even though you may have other concerns such as production or shipping out items, if you don’t have any traffic, there is no value to you website. It is vital to have a great search engine optimization program in place to drive traffic to your site. Rather than take on this task on your own, you can choose to hire a company that does all the work for you.
There are many considerations to keep I mind when choosing an SEO company. First, what you need to watch out for:
- Overstating Their Services – A reputable company never has to overstate or exaggerate their services. When they tell you that your site can have a page one ranking on hundreds of search engines then it is not a legitimate company. First of all, only the top search engines really matter. There are only a handful of them that you need to worry about. If you have page one rankings on Google, Bing, Yahoo and AOL then you have the heavy hitters covered. You need to find a company that states these search engines by name.
- Use of Old Methods of Backlinking – Backlinking is a very important SEO tool but if a company claims that they can offer a huge amount of backlinks, this is really worse than having a few quality ones. It is considered a form of spam and can actually get your website flagged by Google Penguin. A good company offers a small amount of quality backlinks that help your ranking.
What a quality SEO company does offer:
- Unique Content – A good SEO company does offer their clients unique content that targets your keywords without spamming. This content can come in many forms but are typically articles, videos and audio. It is vital that quality overrule quantity here as well as in backlinking. There was a time when more was better but those days are long gone.
- Social Media – A few year ago, social media would have made an impact on the ranking of a website. Today, it is a vital aspect of the SEO program. Any company that is hired must offer this as a part of their service package. Any search engine wants to see that your company is fully integrated in social media and this includes likes on Facebook and followers on Twitter.
- Offers a Login to View Reports – In order to keep up on your SEO campaign, you to be able to view reports. The company you choose needs offer this service along with all the other services listed. How else can you see what the company you are paying is doing for you and your company?
Sadly there are many scam artists on the internet. These are in the form of bogus companies that offer services that they cannot provide or that hurt your company rather than help it. There are some really great companies that can and do offer quality SEO services to their clientele. Ask to see references and call those references to make sure they are legitimate. With a good SEO company, you should not have to worry about your search engine rankings and you can concentrate instead on growing your business.