SEO Design: 5 Tips to an SEO Friendly Web Design
SEO design can be a very important piece of the SEO puzzle. As you may already know, there are many different factors that go into great SEO for a web site. The design is one of these factors. There are also different parts of the design that can all have an effect on the SEO- both positive and negative.
SEO for a website works in two parts: the content and the design.
Before you can implement SEO into your content, you need to have an SEO friendly design. Here are some ways to do that:
- Avoid Flash websites. You can add Flash elements to an HTML website but a fully coded Flash site will be difficult for the search bots to read and understand what your site is about. This will cause you to be ranked lower or even removed from certain search engines entirely.
- Use search-friendly URLs within the site. You should make your URLs static and filled with meaningful keywords. Dynamic URLs with variables or product IDs such as this “index.php/?id=4876&search=6&free=89″ may potentially harm not only your rankings but also your conversions.
- Clean HTML and CSS. The coding should always be as clean and simple as possible. With coding that is complicated or broken in places, the search engines cannot properly read and understand it.
- Tag your pages properly. This is a two-part process.
- First, you have to know how to properly look up relevant and useful keywords.
- Next, you need to know where to place these chosen keywords in your page.
- Important keywords should go in your Title, Meta, Heading and Alt tags.
When you combine these SEO web design tips with good quality, relevant content on your website, your ranking will climb. However, when using keyword writing for content, also remember not to over-stuff the keywords. Too much use of keywords can hurt you instead of help you. As a general rule, the keywords should be found in the content about once every 100 words.