SEO Tips to Boost Branding
Branding has always been very important in business but when business took to the Internet, we needed to develop new ways of marketing and branding in a new space. SEO, or search engine optimization, is one way that we can build branding yet many people don’t realize that the two go hand in hand.
SEO will help you turn your business into a brand. It will help you increase awareness and visibility of your products and services. It will also lead to greatly recognition and improved buying behavior of your products or services. So let’s take a look at some SEO tips that will help you with branding.
When looking at SEO branding, we need to understand that it is a bit different from the standard branding practices you will see in business. What it has in common, however, is the long term management and recognition of your brand via marketing.
Since people now turn to the Internet to search for brands (among other things) and to consider options before buying, you want to give your brand good visibility online. If someone sees an ad for your product but want to learn more to determine if they want to buy, they’re probably going to “Google you” (look your brand name up in a search engine). Proper SEO puts you in a very good position for your keywords so your brand will come up in search, building trust with the consumer.
Social media is a great way to boost your branding and SEO in one. When more people share your brand, your website pages and blog posts/articles and when they talk about you on social media, the search engines rank you with more authority. Each time someone mentions you in a positive light on social media, it’s like leaving you a positive rating or vouching for your company. It’s easy to see how this will be very beneficial. So take some time to work on your social media and help encourage sharing of your brand.
Little Monetary Investment
Another benefit to SEO to boost branding is that some of it can be done with little monetary investment. It’s all about relationships, really, but from an online standpoint. The more you build relationships on the Internet with positive experiences, the more you will improve your SEO and your brand. It will help you develop trust with your target market and consumers. This trust leads to purchases and even repeat business.
How to Do It
So now that you know SEO is important to boost branding, how do you do it?
- Choose the right keywords and don’t keyword stuff. SEO is not about cramming as many keywords into your content as possible. You should be sure you are using the right keywords and that you are using them correctly.
- Make sure your keywords are relevant. You also need to be sure your keywords are truly relevant to what you do and what your brand is about. Trying to force keywords that don’t fit is not helpful to you or your target market.
- Know your market. In order to target your market properly, you also need to know who they are. Create character profiles of your ideal customer. Put time and effort into knowing your market. It will pay off.
- Use related, interesting content marketing to boost SEO. You can’t just spam cyberspace with more junk. There is more than enough of that already and it doesn’t work. You need content (articles, blogs, images, infographics, podcasts, videos, etc) that is interesting and unique.
- Mix SEO branding with effective online marketing for the maximum benefit. SEO alone won’t give you the best results. It’s not a quick fix or a magic formula. But if you mix SEO branding with other effective online marketing tactics, you will reap the biggest benefits.
Do you have questions about SEO or branding? We’re happy to help today!